- Bud Abbott, Abbott and Costello.
- Claude Akins, Sheriff Lobo.
- Klaus Barbie, Nazi war criminal, died in prison with cancer. "The leading French specialist, a Jew, refused to treat him."
- Uzi Gal, inventor of the Uzi submachine gun.
- Rube Goldberg, cartoonist.
- Armand Hammer, Soviet Agent of Influence.
- Werner Heisenberg, scientist.
- Werner Klemperer, actor, Col. Klink.
- Gummo Marx, Marx Brother.
- Marlin Perkins, Wild Kingdom (maybe just old age.)
- Otto Preminger, actor, Batman villain.
- Edward G. Robinson, actor, Soylent Green.
- Hugh Trevor-Roper, historian, fooled by fake Adolf Hitler diaries.
- Walter Winchell, pundit.
- Richard Feynman, scientist, died from a rare abdominal cancer.
- H.R. "Bob" Haldeman, Watergate criminal, abdominal cancer.
- Alan Hale, Jr., The Skipper, cancer of the thymus, Vincent's Medical Center, in Los Angeles.
- John Houseman, actor, Smith-Barney commercials, spinal cancer.
- Jack Lemmon, actor, cancer of the gall bladder.
- Robert Urich, actor, Synovial Cell Sarcoma (a soft tissue cancer.)
|27 Mar 1972
||Artist M. C. Escher dies of cancer at Rosa-Spier artists' retirement home, Laren Netherlands.
|7 Sep 1994
||Author James Clavell dies of cancer followed by a stroke, Vevey Switzerland.
|7 Jan 2000
||Mad Magazine cartoonist Don Martin dies of cancer at Baptist Hospital in Miami FL.
|9 Nov 2003
||The Honeymooners actor Art Carney dies at his home in Chester CT of an undisclosed illness.