- Desi Arnaz, actor.
- Lucille Ball, actress, lung cancer and emphysema.
- Sorrell Booke, actor, Boss Hogg.
- Yul Brynner, actor.
- Anthony Burgess, author, A Clockwork Orange.
- Herb Caen, San Francisco columnist.
- Lon Chaney, actor, lung and throat cancer.
- Scatman Crothers, singer.
- Nat King Cole, musician.
- Joe DiMaggio, baseball player, husband of Marilyn Monroe.
- Everett Dirkson, U.S. Senator.
- Walt Disney.
- Morton Downey, Jr., pundit.
- Duke Ellington, musician.
- Stephen Jay Gould, scientist, lung cancer, but also suffered from mesothelioma.
- Betty Grable, actress.
- Glenn Hughes, leather enthusiast, Village People.
- Andy Kaufman, actor.
- Buster Keaton, actor.
- Meyer Lansky, Jewish mobster.
- Gypsy Rose Lee, stripper.
- Larry Linville, played Frank Burns on MASH.
- Dean Martin, Brat Pack, emphysema and lung cancer, testicular cancer.
- Zeppo Marx, Marx Brother.
- Roddy McDowell, lung cancer, also had prostate cancer.
- Wayne McLaren, Marlboro Man. Oh, the irony.
- Robert Mitchum, actor, emphysema and lung cancer.
- Claude Monet, impressionist painter.
- Edward R. Murrow, journalist.
- George Peppard, The A Team.
- Denver Pyle, actor.
- Eddie Rabbitt, musician.
- Jason Robards, actor; metastasized lung cancer at Bridgeport Hospital in Bridgeport, CT.
- Jack Ruby, assassin, claimed he was injected with cancer cells.
|15 Aug 1974
||Businessman and former OSS agent Clay Shaw, a figure in the John F. Kennedy assassination investigation, dies of lung cancer at his home in New Orleans LA.
|7 Nov 1980
||Actor Steve McQueen dies from mesothelioma, a lung cancer related to asbestos exposure, after trying a quickie cure in Juarez Mexico. He had a massive tumor in his right lung.
|25 Oct 1993
||Actor and master of the macabre, Vincent Price dies of lung cancer and Parkinson's disease, Los Angeles, CA.
|10 Feb 2000
||Actor and professional annoyant Jim Varney dies of lung cancer at his home in White House, TN. Varney was a longtime heavy smoker.
|18 Oct 2002
||Actor Kam Fong, played Chin Ho Kelly in Hawaii Five-O, died of lung cancer, Hawaii. During World War II, two US bombers crashed into his house, killing 12 including his wife Esther and their two children.
|7 Sep 2003
||Musician (known for Werewolves of London) Warren Zevon dies from mesothelioma, a lung cancer related to asbestos exposure, at his apartment in West Hollywood, CA.